Senior Network Engineer – Routing and Switching Specialist
Jackyl Consulting is currently seeking highly skilled Senior Network Engineers for a 12 month contract. This is a work-from-home opportunity!
Applicants must be CCIE qualified, preferably in routing and switching and / or security. The successful candidate must have strong ITIL implementation experience, SDLC and PMLC background. They will need to work with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment, while working remotely from their home office.
- Perform complex technical analysis of network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various transmission systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations
- Resolve network-related issues of a diverse scope and identify / resolve escalated problems
- Provide input into the company's network strategy for the direction and implementation of future technology and network-related technical standards
- Installs, configures and maintains organization’s LAN/WAN infrastructure objects, e.g. routers, switches and hubs
- Monitors routers and switches for bandwidth usage and throughput, reports information to team
- Installs, configures and maintains firewalls, intrusion detection network sensors and VPN
- Participates in reviewing existing instructions, guidelines, standards and policies seeking continuous improvement
- Assists in developing instructions, guidelines, standards and /or policies
- Develops and publishes monthly production statistics, as directed, to report on system performance
- Ability to facilitate issues to resolution and demonstrate effectiveness in escalations on urgent matters
- Flexibility to switch priorities when needed to ensure customer satisfaction is met or exceeded
- Ability to multi-task, and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage and navigate multiple orders/systems
- Communicate and interact with project managers regarding the status of deliverables,
- Responsible for updating documentation, management tools, and progress tracking
- 6 plus years' experience with Cisco hardware and software
- Experience with Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers
- Ability to understand a complex network with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to tackle and overcome complex issues
- Excellent time management skills to work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Excellent ability to interface with the client and maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to support a production network
- Data Centre experience an asset
About Jackyl Consulting:
Jackyl Consulting specializes in Program Management and Service Delivery for Infrastructure Enabling Technologies in highly intense, complex, and time sensitive environments. Their client portfolio spans multiple industries including; Financial Services, Insurance, Telecommunications, Healthcare, and Retail. Jackyl’s unique approach and methodology to service delivery is a key to our success and in the retention of the best and brightest talent. They value great people! Jackyl Consulting Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
By applying to this position through Eagle, you acknowledge and expressly agree that Eagle will provide your submission directly to Jackyl Consulting for evaluation and should you be considered for this opportunity, you will either be contacted by Eagle or Jackyl Consulting directly.