Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager for a nine (9) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as the primary focal point for all network related deliverables for the program (Data Centre Move);
- Management of the delivery process, leading the development of a consolidated project plan which incorporates all business, technology and operational aspects of the project;
- Managing a team of 3 to 4 project managers each responsible for their own subcomponent of the program (Data Centre Move);
- Developing, tracking and managing project budget, project plans, timelines and scope;
- Partnering closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements;
- Leading teams of technical resources in the delivery of high-quality solutions that meet business needs;
- Facilitating the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures;
- Ensuring appropriate systems development, operational and project management processes are being utilized;
- Identifying project issues and risks as they surface and creating action plans to address them;
- Ongoing communication of project/program status, completing regular and ad hoc Project Status Reports and escalating issues to project sponsors and senior management as required;
- Ensuring the documentation and archiving of project activities and deliverables; and,
- Making presentations to steering committees and project sponsors.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, engineering or related field required;
- PMP certification;
- Minimum 7-10 years of working experience managing large complex network and infrastructure projects, that have significant IT and operational components;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders using appropriate business and technical language;
- Experience with deploying network components (Global Site Selectors, vendor extranets, load balancers, switches, firewalls, network circuits, etc.);
- The ability to effectively project manage a multiple number of projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management of organization;
- People management and team building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities;
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization;
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions; and,
- Experience delivering network and infrastructure solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.