Senior Developer – Big Data Technologies
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Developer – Big Data Technologies for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding of existing designs and logics;
- Coming up with designs to convert java application to function effectively on Hadoop/ cloud environment;
- Authoring technical specifications to address functional and non-functional requirements;
- Developing and testing code to meet these specifications;
- Delivering high-quality robust code to minimize defects and Production issues;
- Developing, coding, documenting and executing unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity;
- Ensuring adequate technical documentation and training;
- Preparing and coordinating Production releases; and,
- Managing OTIS/UES hardware infrastructure (ensuring sufficient resources to run all applications, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Degree in software engineering or computer science from a recognized university;
- 10+ years of Java development experience;
- 5+ years of Big Data development experience;
- 5+ years of hands on project experience in BigData development;
- Experience working with Spark V2.2+ and Kafka;
- Experience working with AWS and other cloud services (Bluemix, Azure, etc.);
- Experience working with multi-threaded, real-time, and batch-processing applications;
- Strong database and SQL knowledge (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.);
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux OS, including shell scripting;
- Proficiency in XML technologies (XSD, XPath, XSLT, etc…);
- Solid understanding in messaging services (Solace, MQ, etc.);
- Proven competence and knowledge in the delivery of highly complex projects;
- Practical knowledge of, and willingness to follow agile development methodologies, with special emphasis on frequent releases, stable interfaces, and test driven development;
- Experience in financial services data domains like capital markets and retail banking; and,
- Previous experience with large data integration projects
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.