Intermediate Technical Content Developer
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Technical Content Developer for a ten (10) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Meeting deadlines set out by the Project Manager while meeting quality standards set out by the client;
- Complying with the client’s policy and procedures that apply to contract staff;
- Designing and building the repository based on an agreed taxonomy with the Senior Technical Developer;
- Organizing and managing content repository, taxonomy, tags, and fixes problems;
- Administering content repository, maintaining procedures, and content publishing schedules;
- Developing and testing workflows (as required) under direction of Senior Technical Developer;
- Working with internal publishers who collaborate to create new training material;
- Providing training on content management/workflow;
- Supporting triage of content, workflow, and multi-channel problems and fixes;
- Supporting publishing cycles for content, as required;
- Resolving problems during publishing cycles and at times, responsible for content publishing cycles to multiple channels. Scripting, SCORM/AICC-Wrappers;
- Developing programming scripts and SCORM (or AICC) wrappers (as required) to support publishing online training packages;
- Maintaining advanced knowledge and skills in web development by researching trends and staying educated on changing technologies;
- Maintaining high level of awareness of web and browser standards (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari) and trends and Multi-Channel Publishing;
- Creation and management of a content repository;
- Publishing to multiple channels, such as Print, Web, Desktop, Mobile Devices and Tablets, within a production environment; and,
- Developing relationships with stakeholders that foster collaborative approach.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A completed Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computer Technology, or Engineering Technology, Applied Information Systems Technology, or equivalent;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience working on content management systems, authoring templates, creating built-in separation of content/structure, scripting, variable support (TOC files, Page Layouts, cross references, hyperlinks, etc.), administering taxonomy within repository, loading/editing XML content, and diagnosing and resolving problems;
- Experience with G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, and Sites);
- Experience with MadCap software;
- Previous experience with MadPak Professional Suite (Flare, Contributor, Analyzer, Mimic, and Capture);
- Demonstrated expert level of interpersonal written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously with excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to be a self-starter in a versatile, dynamic environment;
- The ability to build productive relationships with a diverse group of constituents and acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions;
- Demonstrated experience working on in a team environment, with tight time lines and on medium to large projects; and,
- Experience as a Technical Writer for a technology company; software, hardware, electrical engineering is nice to have.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.