Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Specialist. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the execution of manufacturing, and R&D and compliance critical projects including customer complaint investigations;
- Ensuring the rationale and scope of the project/investigation is clear and agreed upon;
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path;
- Defining project’s time, cost, scope and quality performance targets are to be achieved by clarifying the major components, activities and resources required;
- Driving projects to successful conclusion;
- Highlighting and implementing lessons from successes and disappointments;
- Generating and managing project plans, budgets and ensuring that cross-functional project costs are regularly updated for tracking purposes;
- Ensuring that the R&D database for accounting is up to date and accurate;
- Ensuring project team adheres to high standard of design and change control for the delivery of safe, effective products;
- Integrating design and change control requirements into project plan and project deliverables;
- Participating in project team meetings, creating the agenda, ensuring meeting minutes, action items, schedules, deliverable lists with roles and responsibilities are documented and archived to a shared location;
- Assisting in maintaining necessary project documentation to ensure compliance with quality management system;
- Ensuring that project document storage processes (both electronically and hard copy) adhere to company SOPs and ICH guidelines for document storage and retention, including the appropriate use of archive storage;
- Monitoring and reporting the on-going progress of the project to the designated project sponsor and other key stakeholders;
- Resolving and escalating issues in a timely fashion, ensuring the project sponsor and project team are updated on all relevant project matters;
- Contributing to technical problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making to obtain agreement within the team;
- Contributing to defining and seeking agreement on the criteria for making go/no go decisions;
- Adhering to company’s policies on health, safety and workplace;
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with company values; and,
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks as required by the line manager.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in engineering or life sciences;
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Process and product engineering skills within a GMP environment;
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project;
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of GMP and medical device validation workflow requirements;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the tenacity to drive projects to conclusion;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- High level of attention to details;
- Ability to be team-orientated and flexible;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in technical project execution, medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of nuclear radiation and experience with handling of radio-isotopes in a GMP environment would (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.