Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing support and producing detailed system requirements and technical and functional specifications that align with standards and frameworks;
- Working in close partnership with our ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications;
- Working with technology partners such as solution designers and architects to research and analyze current state system capabilities and define technology solutions options and recommendations;
- Defining, documenting and translating business requirements into detailed functional specifications, considering non-functional requirements;
- Assisting test teams in translating requirements and using cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing;
- Contributing to project management activities such as scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues;
- Participating in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other requirements work products;
- Working closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration;
- Providing operational and process-related analysis and support;
- Respecting existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technology architecture, escalating issues as needed;
- Gaining knowledge in own area, staying abreast of technology trends and developments, developing expertise in company services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services;
- Working with vendors to support business case development that is consistent with technology requirements and guidelines, including benefits identification, RFI/RFP and service level agreements; and,
- Coaching new or less experienced colleagues and serving as a reference point throughout requirements management life cycle.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven (7) years’ experience in IT BSA and requirement gathering;
- Five (5) years’ experience with RFI/ RFP;
- Five (5) years’ experience with application readiness for large infrastructure upgrades;
- Three (3) years’ experience in insurance industry;
- Commitment to applying advanced knowledge of business technology delivery practices and standards, including design, development, testing and project management;
- Advanced knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules;
- Ability to perform work on all aspects of the system analyst process from end-to-end on projects of moderate to high complexity, under minimal supervision;
- Experience and comfort level acting as a reference for business systems analyst roles; and,
- Knowledge of the guidewire claimcenter package and other claims business applications (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.