Senior Quality Assurance Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Lead for a seven (7) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establishing and evolving formal information technology quality assurance processes and oversee all aspects of QA including applying industry leading practices and identifying new tools and processes to ensure quality objectives are met;
- Leading the development and execution of an end-to-end test plan;
- Establishing metrics and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all objectives are met and that the solution works as expected;
- Ensuring that testing is well defined, planned, and executed;
- Making decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues autonomously, including those without formal guidelines or precedents;
- Exercising resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy;
- Providing direction in executing testing of every phase and feature of the solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live;
- Developing metrics for product quality and develops test programs and approaches in executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures;
- Overseeing testing solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems;
- Evaluating requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports;
- Managing functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, and load tests;
- Confirming that test plan and test script evaluations demonstrate that project deliverables meet business requirements;
- Planning, engaging, and directing technical, non-technical, and business users to ensure quality of the solution or product;
- Leading QA activities for a large program or projects of large size or business impact or a number of concurrent projects
- Planning and definition of test approach / strategy focused on data quality and data integrity;
- Breaking down requirement specifications and collaborate with data modelers, business analysts, subject matter experts and other project team members to define test cases;
- Working with multiple business units to ensure requirements are well understood and testable, including providing demos to stakeholders;
- Creating, maintaining, and executing complex test cases and SQL scripts, used for both manual and automated testing of GIS Pipeline data;
- Working closely with other projects / technical teams where integration requirements exist and coordinate testing scenarios;
- Entire test lifecycle which includes System Integration, Regression, Performance, and Acceptance Testing;
- Facilitating User Acceptance Testing to ensure products realize business objectives;
- Working closely with the BA lead to ensure Quality practices are defined and evolving as needed; and,
- Using automated data validation tools and have experience automating tests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Six (6) years’ experience;
- Proven professional experience on multiple software development projects related to GIS / Pipeline solutions;
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers, and replication;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and business users;
- The ability to evaluate and communicate release readiness; and,
- The ability to perform metrics on testing, including defect trends and risk assessments.
The following skills are considered nice to have:
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant experience as a Quality Assurance Lead;
- Two plus (2+) years of GIS Pipeline experience;
- Experience in PODS spatial standards;
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS;
- Experience with FME Workbench;
- Experience with Geonamic Pipeline Office Studio;
- Experience with MS Visual Studio Online;
- Experience with QuerySurge; and,
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.