Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Digital Encoding Systems Platform Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
We are looking for an experienced Digital Encoding Systems Platform Specialist for a ten (10) month contract opportunity scheduled to begin immediately.
The Digital Encoding Systems Platform Specialist will be on the operations desk and responsible for troubleshooting any cable system issues for internal and external clients.
You will be accountable for:
- Lead and execute the commissioning, provisioning, and Quality Verification of DTV Broadcast services. Including PPV, Ad Insertion, Simultaneous substitution, Encoding, Multiplexing, Transcoding and Broadcasting for Super Sports Pak. Live events and programming of the video services platform;
- Liaise with Broadcasters and perform commercial substitutions and ad insertions in accordance to schedule;
- Provide technical support on video service outages (Fault Management);
- Actively participates on all projects related to the video services such as upgrades, modifications, augmentations, new service introduction etc.;
- Proactively monitors the end to end performance of the platform and will provide case studies and recommendations based on findings;
- Work closely with Engineering to select test tools, network surveillance platforms, content origination methodologies, content switching and multiplexing devices, and with OSS to develop appropriate performance related tools on time;
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of preventative maintenance programs for the video services;
- Works to achieve a high level of Security on the video platform by minimizing the vulnerabilities and by following guidelines from the vendors, engineering and the network security team;
- Develop and review all MOP’s (Method of Procedure) prior to any change control activities to ensure impact to the customers is minimized;
- The specialists are also involved with other functional groups such as the NNOC, Engineering, Project Management and Product Management to review and approve proposed change activities;
- Develop all reports and documentation including run books, methods of procedure, backup procedures;
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts including evenings, overnights, and weekends. This is also includes an on-call environment; and,
- Adhere to all policy and legal requirements under Health and Safety legislation.
Your experience includes:
- Three (3) years or greater experience in IP-based or video operational environment strongly preferred;
- Advanced knowledge on how the digital assembly components are assembled to form the complex distributed networks;
- In-depth Knowledge & experience in the design, build or operation of video processing equipment such as encoders, transcoders, multiplexors & packagers;
- Ability to identify root causes on integration and inter-operability issues that affect the stability and performance of the video services in the production environment;
- Ability to seek and translate available data from support systems into critical information and opportunities;
- Knowledge of MPEG compression coding, HTTP live streaming protocols and adaptive bit rate technology;
- Digital video theory, transport, digital stream standards and recommendations;
- Strong ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner;
- Must be able to work with Adult Content;
- Ability to express a passion for the organization’s customers, stakeholders and peers;
- Well-versed in the latest technology offering, capabilities and trends;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the province of Ontario;
- Be focused on delivering a great customer experience;
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in an IP-based or video operations environment;
- Knowledge of MPEG compression coding;
- Good digital video theory (how transport works, stream flows and troubleshooting);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities;
- HTTP live streaming protocols would be an asset;
- Adaptive bit rate streaming experience would be an asset; and,
- Knowledge of Splunk would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 55413