Senior Wireless Platform Technician
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Wireless Platform Technician. This is an eight (8) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing operational support for current and next generation of roaming services in a multi-vendor network element infrastructure;
- Executing troubleshooting procedures and changes with a high degree of precision as necessary;
- International roaming service tickets, troubleshooting, issues and customer care resolution;
- Conducting roaming tests and interfacing with other international roaming partners and operators, including the completion of IR24, IR35, IR50, IR32 and any other roaming tests involving new upcoming technology;
- Interfacing with internal groups, NOC, TAC, roaming business, engineering and technology;
- Assisting in the implementation and testing of new services and platforms, including internal activities; and,
- Reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary degree in telecommunications or engineering;
- Five + (5+) years’ experience in the telecommunications service provider industry at an advanced level;
- Bilingualism (English and French);
- Experience in an international roaming technical environment;
- Experience with SS7 signalization and diameter;
- Advanced level SIP knowledge;
- Strong IP protocol suite knowledge;
- Intermediate Unix skills including practice on network platforms;
- Knowledge of ANSI, 3GPP and GSMA standards;
- Experience in managing core wireless platforms;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated customer service focus;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a high pressure operational role, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities;
- Understanding and theoretical proficiency of 3GPP IMS network concepts;
- Ability to learn from informal as well as formal channels such as learning as you go and on the job peer training;
- Ability to seek out answers on their own to problems encountered and ability to work collaboratively to generate tactical solutions to operational support challenges as necessary;
- Ability to drill down into specific network platforms and elements that may be affecting these critical service flows; and,
- Ability to work in a rotating schedule with weekends included.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.Top of FormBottom of Form