Wireless Access Equipment Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a Wireless Access Equipment Engineer for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin June 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a Wireless Access Equipment Engineer
- Work order preparation detailing transmission (FOTS, Microwave, TDM & IP) and IP configuration design, dc power dimensioning, RBS and BTS interface assignments and equipment details in support of network projects involving GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, Paging, interconnect and wireless network services and features;
- Regular interaction with various engineering departments, field operations, project management, vendors and other internal customers in resolution of engineering problems and issues associated with a project;
- Ensure proper configuration and integration of new transmission network equipment into the network and that engineering designs follow established principles and adhere to Company’s standard;
- Order necessary transmission, power, IP and auxiliary equipment required for implementation of projects;
- Support field technicians and project managers in answering technical questions related to a project and provide engineering support to Operations and/or contractors during implementation of work orders and cutovers;
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on network configuration and approve and document field changes to ensure that access network documentation is current and reflect the network image.
Skills and Qualifications of a Wireless Access Equipment Engineer
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent;
- Any experience in engineering, building or maintaining large telecommunications networks preferably in a wireless technology environment will be an asset;
- Working background in some of the following disciplines including documentation: core networks, broadband transmission (FOTS, Microwave, TDM & IP), GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, Paging, interconnect, data transmission, dc power engineering and equipment engineering.
- IP knowledge;
- Familiar with OSPF and BGP routing protocols;
- Working knowledge of layer 2 & layer 3 IP networks;
- Well versed in writing configurations for Cisco devices;
- CCNA will be an asset;
- Ability to work as a member of multi-discipline project teams on multiple projects in an environment of shifting priorities;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written;
- Advanced level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access) and database applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.