Wireless Access Equipment Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Wireless Access Equipment Engineer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working order preparation detailing transmission (FOTS, Microwave, TDM & IP) and IP configuration design, dc power dimensioning, RBS and BTS interface assignments and equipment details in support of network projects involving GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, Paging, interconnect and wireless network services and features;
- Regular interaction with various engineering departments, field operations, project management, vendors and other internal customers in resolution of engineering problems and issues associated with a project;
- Ensuring proper configuration and integration of new transmission network equipment into the network and that engineering designs follow established principles and adhere to the client's standards;
- Ordering necessary transmission, power, IP and auxiliary equipment required for implementation of projects;
- Supporting field technicians and Project Managers in answering technical questions related to a project and providing engineering support to Operations and/or contractors during implementation of work orders and cutovers;
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation on network configuration and approve and document field changes to ensure that access network documentation is current and reflect the network image.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Experience in engineering, building, or maintaining large telecommunications networks preferably in a wireless technology environment will be an asset;
- Working background in some of the following disciplines including documentation: core networks, broadband transmission (FOTS, Microwave, TDM and IP), GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, Paging, interconnect, data transmission, dc power engineering and equipment engineering;
- IP knowledge;
- Familiarity with OSPF and BGP routing protocols;
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 IP networks;
- Well versed in writing configurations for Cisco devices;
- CCNA will be an asset;
- The ability to work as a member of multi-discipline project teams on multiple projects in an environment of shifting priorities;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written; and,
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access) and database applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.