Eagle is currently seeking an AWS Architect. This is a three (3) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and preparing technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption;
- Creating functional design specifications, reference architectures, and assisting with other project deliverables as needed;
- Designing state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance;
- Collaborating with other project teams on technical solutions and help improve service IP; and,
- Staying up-to-date on all technical developments related to AWS.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, other technical field;
- Knowledge of building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies;
- Familiarity with various application stacks such as Java, C#, .Net, etc.;
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift;
- AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53;
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends;
- Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces;
- Experience building private AMI’s on VPC’s;
- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface);
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships;
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills;
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player; and,
- AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.