Infrastructure Delivery Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking an Infrastructure Delivery Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the Infrastructure Delivery Services team;
- Liaising with internal/external stakeholders and governance committees to ensure deliverables and dependencies are successfully delivered;
- Coordinating the preparation, construction and implementation of new technology and infrastructure upgrades for corporate business projects and internal initiatives;
- Tracking and reporting on project activities;
- Supporting the development of long-term infrastructure technology and assisting with capacity planning;
- Working on the architectural model of hardware infrastructure;
- Working on infrastructure installation and upgrade projects, and related activities;
- Participating in defining business and technical requirements and supporting the business by working with stakeholders through the requirements process and using information provided to meet business needs;
- Maintaining and updating technical and project documentation as well as maintaining a clear and concise documented process for the implementation and integration of infrastructure projects and services;
- Preparing weekly status reports and keeping management and other stakeholders informed of status and other related issues on a regular and timely basis;
- IT project risk and issue identification, documentation and mitigation of potential implementation issues;
- Mitigation and resolution strategies to minimize impacts to project needs/outcomes;
- Supporting and participating in the project procurement process as required;
- Working on improvements to the reliability, availability and serviceability of infrastructure;
- Ensuring system performance and availability of the enterprise IT platforms for internal business users and external clients; and,
- Performing other related duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree with a focus in Computer Science or related field;
- Ten (10) years of experience in infrastructure delivery in a Windows, Linux, or Unix environment;
- Ten (10) years of IT experience including enterprise-wide requirements definition and experience with IT management systems and methodologies;
- Proven and demonstrated experience in coordinating with outsourced IT Infrastructure service providers and third-party suppliers on complex build and migration projects;
- Strong experience on infrastructure project delivery including construction of infrastructure solutions, preparing, coordinating, tracking, and reporting on project activities;
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts;
- Conceptual and analytical skills to assess and evaluate needs and cost/benefit analysis for new infrastructure technology requirements and solutions;
- Knowledge of complex IT system development and design methodologies and processes;
- Superior written and oral communication skills while presenting various project documentation including business cases, briefing notes, action plans, executive summaries, technical reports etc;
- Strong ability to prioritize a very high volume of day-to-day activities and balance demands against longer-term work and commitments;
- Professional interpersonal skills including assisting with negotiation, participating in consulting, and customer-service; and,
- Superior relationship management and teamwork skills to engage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.