Intermediate Financial Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Financial Analyst for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing the monthly financial statements, and the annual audited financial statements including note disclosures for the five pension and benefit funded trusts;
- Reviewing and analyzing pension fund’s risk exposure on financial instruments;
- Preparing working papers for external and internal auditors and handle their follow up questions;
- Performing analytical reviews and reconciliations;
- Maintaining Pension and Benefits funds’ books of account;
- Preparing cash transfer instructions to custodian;
- Preparing financial reporting for regulatory filings and for industry pension plan reporting;
- Preparing reconciliation of investment portfolios with custodial records;
- Being the liaison with custodian, investment managers and payroll service provider to resolve transaction discrepancies relating to investment instruction, expense and benefit payments, etc.;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual administrative expense budgets and performing on-going variance analysis of the pension fund administrative expenses;
- Assisting in accounting standard change implementations as required;
- Working with our partner to ensure monthly journal entries are booked correctly as part of the month end close cycle;
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly and annual note disclosure for Client’s Post-employment benefits;
- Reviewing the monthly SOX control file; and,
- Monitoring the Employer funding requirements of legal entities and ensure correct posting.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong excel and macro skills;
- Equivalent to University degree in Business/ Accounting;
- Achieved (or working towards) a recognized professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA or CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA);
- 4-5 years’ experience working as a Financial Analyst;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, with the mindset to change financial procedures and processes as necessary to meet such changes; and,
- Highly organization skills, detail oriented and committed to quality work.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.