Solution Architects X 2
Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives;
- Assisting with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with technology roadmap;
- Working with stakeholders to understand the solution requirements, for the development of effective end-to-end solution designs, incorporating all elements of architecture (functional and technical), and the governance of the implementation of that solution;
- Identifying, recommending, sourcing, negotiating and implementing emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions either by buying, building or reusing;
- Partnering with Enterprise Architects by ensuring solutions are in line with Technology Roadmap; ensuring all deviations are identified and approved; identifying gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks and development standards;
- Developing and evolving the system architecture, describing system components, technologies, technical infrastructures and their inter-relationships and dependencies;
- Providing consulting and advice to the business community and other IT teams regarding plans and strategies;
- Liaising and collaborating with business partners in all disciplines;
- Supporting and advising management and technical staff in all branches within Information Technology Cluster (ITC);
- Translating requirements created by functional analysts into the data architecture for that solution and describing it through design artifacts;
- Reviewing and recommending information management tools and technologies such as data warehouse and analytics tools, master data, big data, data integration tools, data quality and profiling tools;
- Effectively maintain consensus among stakeholders and participate in business requirement gathering, RFP process, vendor selection and own overall solution estimates;
- Recommending technical solutions which will drive automated processes and/or minimize internal sourcing needs;
- Developing, modelling and applying enterprise-wide references to processes, information models, application and technical architectures as they relate to IT projects;
- Identifying risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project;
- Participating in architectural reviews and integrating, as required, legislative requirements and business processes;
- Conducting user interface reviews, determining impacts of infrastructure change and ensuring solutions are aligned with corporate strategy, reference architecture, standards, objectives and architectural principles; and,
- Periodically assessing current architecture for components at risk of obsolescence, and identifying opportunities for investment/remediation or replacement.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten plus (10+) years of hands-on experience in Solution Architecture, Application Architecture, Software Development, Implementation, Managing Processes, Requirements Analysis, Documenting and Presenting Technical Solution Information;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience working with Data Warehouse, Data Lake, BI, Hadoop;
- Ability to represent architecture in initiatives as identified in statements of work or RFI/RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding solution recommendations;
- Ability to assist in the building of efficient architecture layers that promote cost savings, ease of use to customers, simplified architecture and promotes improved agility to our business stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services, and legacy systems;
- Ability to interpret enterprise solution architecture and requirements documents through building solution and application architecture and designs;
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills; and,
- Familiarity with Property & Casualty Insurance business processes (Worker Compensation LOB) (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.