Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking seven (7)Application Packagers for ten (10) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Testing, analyzing, remediating, and packaging applications for deployment in a Win 10 / virtual desktop infrastructure services;
- Planning and executing application installation testing, analysis, and remediation on assigned applications ensuring operation in a Win 10 environment (i.e. shimming, security exceptions, etc.). This includes engaging clients, technical teams, and vendors as required to resolve identified issues;
- Supporting VDI compatibility testing, analysis, remediation, and evaluation on assigned applications. This includes engaging clients, technical teams, and vendors as required to resolve identified issues;
- Validating application requirements including licensing and versioning;
- Identifying software/peripheral dependency impacts by working with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Conducting client interviews to understand the client’s business requirements and identifying other unknowns as appropriate;
- Engaging and supporting clients in conducting functional testing and user acceptance testing on packaged applications including obtaining client sign-off;
- Evaluating and guiding optimal application delivery method and package applications as appropriate using a suite of packaging tools and methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer;
- Creating installation documentation following template and strict guidelines from service provider; and,
- Collaborating with technical teams to ensure application readiness according to project timelines and escalate issues where required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in a relevant discipline along with two (2) to six (6) years’ experience in Application Testing;
- Strong demonstrated experience in deploying applications in various virtual environments with a strong focus on VDI with Citrix being an asset;
- Strong experience with Win 7 and/or Win 10 application installation testing and remediation;
- Strong experience with functional testing and user acceptance testing;
- Experience in guiding application deployment type in a managed environment (i.e. SCCM, manual install, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience in packaging applications using a variety of methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer;
- The ability to translate business needs to technical solution requirements;
- The ability to apply multiple technical solutions to resolve technical issues;
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage users and manage testing expectations;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Past experience creating Manual Installation Instruction Set documentation;
- Knowledge of virtual technologies including VDI, XenApp, VMWare / VMSphere, Hyperconverge, Unidesk, Uniprint, Nutanix and cloud / managed services is an asset; and,
- The ability to relate to a diverse group of clients and other stakeholders and work with them to test, remediate, and package their applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.