Technical Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager for a ten (10) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, development, configuration, piloting, and implementation of an expanded VDI and Hyperconverge VM solution to deploy applications in the new Win 10 / virtual desktop and client environments;
- Ensuring the solution is technically robust, financially sustainable and overall relevant to the client’s national business and prove solution feasibility through use of supporting documentation including business cases, requirements documents, UAT documents, etc.;
- Providing technical solution support to the Certification Team to enable application intake, testing, remediation, packaging, and deployment;
- Leading the identification, analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues including conducting root cause analysis and identifying alternate technical solutions to meet defined needs, produce comprehensive customer reports including strategies for optimization;
- Engaging clients and maintain ongoing communication to support and meet application testing requirements;
- Collaborating with various technical teams, Service Providers and other external resources to ensure holistic end-to-end delivery of integrated virtual solutions to the client. This includes supporting project and change management activities, and implementing approved solutions and plans in a test environment;
- Supporting the development of formalized solution documentation that adds further insight and depth of knowledge to the solution area as well as other supporting documentation including but not limited to technical documentation, technical diagrams, training materials, and standard operating procedures; and,
- Supporting the development of post implementation support models (i.e. internal versus managed service versus mixed model).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in a related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience, or a Diploma in related disciplines and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, or a Certificate in related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related experience, or an absolute minimum of eight (8) years of directly related experience;
- Strong background in implementing virtualization technologies and related IT infrastructure;
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows 7 application remediation;
- Experience Implementing, maintaining, and supporting VMWare / VMSphere, Hyperconverge, XenApp, Citrix, Nutanix, UniDesk and Uniprint technologie s;
- Strong demonstrated track record of successfully deploying increasingly complex virtualization projects in large, complex organizations (i.e. healthcare, pharmaceuticals, financial services, etc.);
- Relevant technical certifications in virtualization technologies including a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience implementing technical projects;
- Excellent demonstrated record of technical issue resolution including root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation as well as the ability to identify multiple alternate technical options for presentation to the client;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage users and manage testing expectations;
- Prior experience with infrastructure and systems design/test/implementation as well as defining core infrastructure requirements in areas such as Active Directory, servers, security and network architecture; IT lab administration is an asset;
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts with a diverse group of stakeholders, users, etc. in layman terms; and,
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management methodologies and tools is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.