Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in May 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Review performance history of vendors and suppliers;
- Analyse user requirements and determine specification package;
- Research procurement options and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations;
- Evaluate proposals and performance/service level of suppliers/vendors.
- Obtain buy-in and support for procurement strategies from internal customers and senior management;
- Prepare detailed and complex specification packages;
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions in the acquisition of goods and services with potential suppliers;
- Communicate and explain results to bidders while maintaining cordial relationship.
- Map out project plans for major procurement initiatives;
- Form cross-functional project teams;
- Coordinate activities of medium to large scale acquisitions of goods and services.
- Maintain mental and visual concentration when reviewing proposals and administering contracts;
- Handle multiple demands, and time pressures.
- Act as team lead for cross functional project teams.
Skills and Qualifications of a Strategic Sourcing Analyst
- SCMP Designation or equivalent in education/experience
- Public Sector procurement policy and practices
- Knowledge of applicable trade agreements
- Ability to lead procurements with minimal supervision/guidance
- Of the principles, theories and concepts of procurement and purchasing;
- Of contract development and administration;
- Of negotiation practices, principles and strategies;
- Of competitive bidding process;
- Of project planning and implementation;
- Ability to research suppliers market and trends in diversified commodity areas;
- Of the relevant computer applications, databases and programs (Bonfire;
- Experience preferred but not mandatory, Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.