Eagle is currently seeking a System Administrator for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the client’s network security infrastructure is maintained in accordance to industry best practice and following all IT policies. This includes Firewalls, IPS, VPN, and Web Content Filters;
- Ensuring network security infrastructure is secure in accordance with policies and industry best practices, this includes SCADA and control systems, data centers, LAN, WAN, etc.;
- Working closely with the Telecom Architects to ensure the telecommunications infrastructure for critical systems to the meet uptime, reliability, redundancy, and security expectations;
- Communicating to the business unit and other IT staff for network security infrastructure outages and planned changes. Outages and changes are required to be communicated to key stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Following the client’s change management process and represent network services security at change request meetings and change advisory board (CAB) meetings;
- Working with Manager to and the network services security team on operational tasks and project goals;
- Ensuring incident tracking tickets are closed and addressed in accordance to the business SLA’s;
- Ensuring network security documentation is complete and detailed for design, support, and audit purposes;
- Working closely with the Network Operations and Planning group to ensure that systems are being designed and accounted for support and operational functionality;
- Inclusion in the network services security on-call rotation;
- Providing support to other team members for major incidents;
- Working closely with the Network Operations Center (NOC) for escalations;
- Ensuring the network services security inventory is maintained;’
- Promoting work force diversity and employee safety; and,
- Supporting control system and business unit networks within defined SLA and KPI’s.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science with diversified information services/technology experience or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Telecommunications;
- Good understanding of SCADA systems, Load Balancers, and certificates;
- Experience with data and systems security;
- Experience securing network devices;
- Knowledge of security related technologies;
- Experience with network related protocols;
- Excellent understanding of building and maintaining network security infrastructure;
- Excellent understanding of network security best practices;
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A high attention to detail; and,
- Understanding of oil and gas an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.