Senior Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Senior Project Manager. This is an eighteen (18) month contract position with a top tier company scheduled to begin immediately.
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity with significant or strategic impact to the enterprise. This includes acquiring resources (including contractors, consultants, service delivery partners, third party vendors) and coordinating the efforts of team members and resources in order to deliver projects according to plan and customer expectations. The Senior Project Manager will define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, including the tracking of key project milestones and providing status reporting to necessary stakeholders. The individual is also responsible for adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers and coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, timeline, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
The Senior Project Manager must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops, supports, influences and is responsible for the creation of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Actively promotes, mentors and champions established best practices and methodologies.
- Design and implement the project delivery process based on best practices and industry experience in collaboration with the project management excellence working group and applicable partners.
Your Skills & Knowledge:
- Eight plus (8+) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of managing projects;
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions;
- Experience working on large transformational projects;
- University degree or college diploma in the field or Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field. Project Management Certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is an asset;
- Strong familiarity with project management process, tools, techniques at an advanced level;
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server (MPS);
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products;
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder Engagement; and,
- Familiarity with Business Process, Documentation and Training.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 54940 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.