Eagle is currently seeking a Program Manager for an eighteen (18) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in May 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a Program Manager
- Develop a governance structure for the program of work;
- Create an overall Program charter that guides the program of work;
- Perform planning activities to manage all aspects of the program of work;
- Direct the project management efforts of several subprojects and project leaders/managers;
- Have oversight of the multiple streams of work within the subprojects. Work with the individual project managers to ensure milestones are being met;
- Serve as project manager of a subproject in addition to role as Program Director;
- Develop a roadmap for the Program and delivery of solutions;
- Develop project planning documents using FHA Project Management methodology;
- Identify high-level risks as part of the project planning process;
- Management of risks, issues and scope changes;
- Facilitate project steering committee meetings;
- Liaise with any relevant clinical departments, Health Informatics leadership or other associated project leaders as required for communications and change management;
- Coordination with the staff from the company;
- Coordination with external vendors during the course of the project;
- Work with stakeholder groups to review, identify, clarify and prioritize business and technical requirements;
- Work with project resources to collect requirements, define scope, verify and control scope;
- Provide high level scoping of proposed solutions;
- Define project goals and responsibilities including creation of a responsibility assignment matrix;
- Define, manage and produce completed deliverables to milestones;
- Define activities, sequence activities, estimation of resources and activity duration;
- Develop and control schedule;
- Identify stakeholders, plan, execute and distribute communications and other related project requirements;
- Report on performance, budget, schedule, meeting minutes, decisions, outcomes, risks and any other reporting requirements;
- Manage the over-arching budget including but not exclusive to estimation and control of costs.
Skills and Qualifications of a Program Manager
- Possess a proven track record supervising and managing information systems software and hardware implementation projects, preferably in a health care environment;
- Possess an understanding of the IT clinical products marketplace and the changing Canadian health approach to managing information;
- Possess exceptional English language oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Must be comfortable presenting to the executive level;
- Preference towards those PM’s with a balance between project management and program management skills;
- Experience working in large health care organizations preferred;
- Possess a project management professional designation (for example, PMP or Prince 2, or equivalent project management experience is required.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.