Systems Analyst Level 3
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Analyst Level 3. This is a ten (10) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in all aspects of Systems Design, Analysis and Implementation of a large Development Project;
- Assisting in the analysis of requirements, processes and data towards developing and implementing solutions which address business and technical needs;
- Analyzing Business requirements;
- Analyzing existing processes and systems, data models and data holdings to determine and implement solutions that meet business requirements;
- Designing data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, on line, and production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems;
- Performing and documenting unit, regression, integration, end to end, and performance testing as required;
- Adhering to quality assurance standards as used in each phase of development and maintenance;
- Performing independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance;
- Attending project / team meetings and briefings to articulate the purposed design or changes in a manner that makes sense to staff or to reach an understanding and/or solution to T1 Systems Redesign related problems and issues;
- Reporting progress on an ongoing basis;
- Designing and documenting, in detail, all system components and their interfaces;
- Developing and maintaining system modules, programs and/or sub-systems;
- Supporting and using the selected agency methodologies and best practices;
- Supporting systems in test and production environments; performing complex problem resolution/debugging;
- Documenting testing scenarios for application under development and interfacing applications;
- Completing system documentation;
- Preparing the system for production releases and coordinating all changes with impacted partners;
- Reviewing documentation for transfer of knowledge and update training documentation; and,
- Providing status reports and attend regular project team meetings throughout the project.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Systems Analyst;
- Four (4) years’ experience working in a large government department/agency, crown corporation or private enterprise organization within the last ten (10) years;
- Four (4) years’ experience in working on COBOL development and DB2 relational databases;
- Four (4) years’ experience working on a large development project;
- Four (4) years’ experience working on an IBM mainframe platform;
- Experience in design and development in the following: TSO, CICS, JCL, MQ Series and DB2;
- Experience testing in a mainframe environment;
- Experience using technical tools such as Expeditor, Fileaid, Endevor and Abend-Aid; and,
- Valid Secret level security clearance.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.