Senior Financial Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the financial reporting for various areas and programs and the Annual Report in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards;
- Providing leadership and direction to departments on the development of financial information in accordance with instructions issued by the Parent Office to ensure compliance with legislation and established financial reporting standards and timelines for government entities;
- Reviewing, analyzing and consolidating financial information received from line departments and agencies, government business enterprises and other government organizations in the preparation of the Consolidated Provincial Financial Statements;
- Providing required information to the Department Heads during the annual audit and working to resolve audit issues; supporting the manager, director and the Controller in resolving complex accounting and financial reporting issues;
- Maintaining current knowledge of accounting principles, methodology and standards;
- Identifying significant issues and working with departments to provide variance analysis for results from budget, interim forecast and year-over-year, and prepares materials for briefing of senior management on results; and,
- Providing advice and recommendations on financial reporting and other related matters, including the preparation of informational packages, to stakeholders and management in departments and central agencies.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- University degree and designation of Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to exercise good judgment with ability to multi-task;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- The ability to take initiative and embrace challenges;
- Meticulous and a strong attention to detail;
- Public Sector or Ontario Public Sector experience is recommended;
- Expert knowledge of financial and accounting theories, principles and practices, with in-depth understanding of PSAB standards for government reporting and complex consolidation models; and,
- Excellent oral communication and superior writing skills.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.