Windows Web Operations Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Windows Web Operations Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day administration of numerous operating environments including joint responsibility for the client's production environment;
- Assisting cross-functional teams with daily web operations tasks;
- Appreciation for the practices of Site Reliability Engineering;
- Acting as steward of the service life cycle for products and services offered by the client;
- Deployment of code to numerous operating environments, installation and configuration of demo/training/production environments;
- Troubleshooting issues that arise in web-based operating environments, document defects in JIRA, and work with colleagues to resolve issues;
- Assisting with sourcing and testing infrastructure enhancements before deployment;
- Supporting web operations workflow automation using configuration management and continuous deployment frameworks; and,
- Applying service delivery best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary Diploma, Certificate, or Degree in an IT-related discipline;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years Windows systems administration experience including but not limited to: AD, MSSQL, SSIS, Server 2K8 and beyond;
- Extensive knowledge of the Windows Technology Stack (.NET Framework) and the progression of code through the stages of the SDLC (especially Testing and Deployment);
- AWS architecture including but not limited to: EC2, RDS, ALB, VPC, VPC Peering, Multi-AR, EFS, EBS, Beanstalk, autoscale groups, direct connect, etc.;
- Knowledge of Well-Architected Framework and how it relates to EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs, NATs, and more for Windows infrastructure;
- Experience in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of SaaS platforms;
- Experience with at least one (1) scripting language (Powershell, Perl, Ruby, etc.);
- Experience with SQL and the ability to debug MSSQL Databases (slow queries, traces, killing queries);
- Familiarity with Reverse Proxies, Firewalls/NAT, HTTPS, SSL Certificates, SFTP, FTPS, DNS, SMTP;
- Familiarity with the practice of Infrastructure as Code (i.e. ansible and terraform);
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts utilizing MS SQL Server;
- Familiarity with monitoring and metric collection systems;
- Familiarity with information security best practices and tools;
- Familiarity with backup strategies and tools; and,
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.