Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with all Project Managers to ensure that each PM has an appropriate project schedule for their project as the plan must be fit-for-purpose for the individual project, plus fit-for-purpose for roll-up to the master program schedule;
- Creating and maintaining the overall rolled-up program level schedule and resource plan;
- Creating and maintaining the executive overview schedule;
- Conducting analysis of the program schedule and resourcing, including but not limited to; critical-path analysis, identification of inter-project scheduling dependencies and challenges, identification of inter-project resource dependencies and challenges, and identification of external schedule dependencies and challenges;
- Tracking and reporting program milestones;
- Proposing, to the applicable stakeholders, corrective actions for challenges that are identified; and,
- Working with all stakeholders to identify opportunities for synergies that lead to cost reduction and/or schedule reduction and/or quality improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is desirable;
- Eight (8) years relevant experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years executing program planning;
- A demonstrated understanding of IT technologies and the management of IT projects;
- Experience with Waterfall Project Management with at least a basic understanding of Agile Project Management;
- Expert level understanding of MS Project with a proven ability to set up enterprise MS Project environments that allow for roll up of individual projects into a master schedule;
- A demonstrated ability to coach PMs at many skill levels in project planning techniques and the use of MS Project;
- Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft tools (Excel, MSWord, Vision, PowerPoint, etc.);
- A demonstrated ability to provide accurate and timely data in a large-scale program environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to smoothly interact with stakeholders at many levels in a large multi-national enterprise;
- Exposure to wide-area network projects and programs is an asset;
- Exposure to field telecommunications projects is an asset; and,
- PMP designation is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.