Java Developer (x2)
Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer (x2). This is an eighteen (18) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in all phases of the agile software development life cycle during the upgrade of Java and the middle-tier components;
- Configuring and extending the tools to meet the upgrade objectives;
- Building and/or maintaining interfaces with other applications;
- Installing, testing and supporting the user acceptance of upgrades to existing applications and liaising with vendors on related issues;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support operational objectives;
- Analyzing diagnostic information about cross-functional or complex problems and recommending sound solutions;
- Ensuring good understanding of the business environment, constraints and flows and of the technology that supports them; and,
- Providing on-the-job training, coaching, guidance and support to employees.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or engineering;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in application development and systems integration;
- Experience with JEE application development (such as ThymeLeaf technology, EJB, Servlet, JSP, JDBC, JMS, JMX, JTA, JCA, JSF or JSTL);
- Experience working with Apache Commons library, Oracle Advanced Queueing, Drools (or equivalent rules engine), Java EE deployment, log4j, Jenkins, Git, GitHUB, SVN and DevOPS tools;
- Experience working with Java JPA ORMs such as Hibernate and EclipseLink;
- Experience working with Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security and Bean Validation;
- Experience working with Test Driven Development (TDD) and tools such as Junit and Mockito and Arquillian testing framework;
- Experience using Agile tools, such as JIRA, to track tasks;
- Strong relational database skills (SQL), including experience with writing stored procedures;
- Experience creating reports in Oracle Financial Reporting Studio (FRS);
- Working knowledge of integration technologies and frameworks, including WSDL, AXIS, SOAP, HTTP, Socket, as well as integration platforms (EAI, SOA, ESB, BPI) such as MQ and WLI;
- Experience with PaaS layer for hosting microservices;
- Experience deploying JEE applications to an application server container such as JBoss and Weblogic;
- Hands-on experience with code optimization and performance tuning across application layers;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of network and storage topologies, server maintenance and support, web security and database design;
- Experience using C24 and SWIFT Alliance technology (an asset); and,
- Bilingualism (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.