Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working as a member of a highly skilled team in support of business environments;
- Providing end to end support from dev all the way to production environments, including after hour support and on-call duties;
- Investigating new technology in conjunction with other areas of ITS, that will benefit the businesses requirements;
- Working within the enterprise & vendors to come up with solutions for a specific project;
- Working as a member to support existing legacy environments;
- Supporting systems within a private cloud environment;
- Partnering closely with stakeholders to improve production environment stability;
- Leading the support of highly complex and comprehensive systems and/or business lines;
- Identifying root causes and implements targeted and controlled remediation plans;
- Reviewing, participating and implementing procedures;
- Providing quality service and solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements;
- Effectively handling incident management for outages;
- Ensuring timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution;
- Providing expertise to other functional areas (technology, trends and processes);
- Joining projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment;
- Deploying base infrastructure components for all environments;
- Following change management procedures. Ensuring proper testing, sign-off, monitoring;
- Using meaningful metrics to monitor environment's performance; and,
- Participating in disaster recovery planning (Define, Review, Test).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in English and French;
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Unix with Solaris;
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Shell Scripting;
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Clustering Technologies (clustered filesystem, VIO);
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Passion for Root Cause Analysis;
- Solid understanding of Incident, Problem, and Change Management;
- Five (5) years’ experience with Sun Sparc;
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience with Solaris Virtual Technologies;
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business, including Management);
- Strong analytical skills and be organized;
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver projects/tasks in a timely fashion;
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience with SAN and networking fundamentals;
- Experience with Redhat and SUSE Linux (an asset);
- Experience with ServiceNow Ticketing tool and Cloud (an asset); and,
- Experience with ITIL Foundations and HP hardware (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.