Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Liaising with clients and business representatives to understand the needs of business;
- Liaising with other professionals to design solution architecture for businesses and clients;
- Ensuring compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects;
- Rendering consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team;
- Ensuring that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time;
- Ensuring that solution architecture (software and programs) designed are in sync with business needs and hardware;
- Reviewing the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are delivered at the least possible cost;
- Monitoring the activities of external programmers or developers on IT solution projects;
- Identifying and mitigating existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture;
- Keeping accurate record of materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved;
- Translation of functional and non-functional requirements into a solution architecture;
- Developing design principles, policies, and guidelines governing implementation of the solution;
- Providing architectural guidance to the project team;
- Creation of proposals and associated estimates for potential solutions for stakeholders; and,
- Capturing the solution architecture in a variety of artifacts as required: Statement of Architecture, Capability Assessment, Compliance Assessment, Architecture Vision Document, Architecture Definition Document, Stakeholder Map matrix, Value Chain diagram, Solution Concept Diagram, Architecture Requirements Specification, Architecture Roadmap, Implementation and Migration Plan.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Experience with process modelling tools and best practices;
- Experience with Project Management tools and best practices;
- Experience with Data modelling;
- Systems analysis and design experience;
- The ability to lead, providing clear technical direction;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Expert knowledge of the architecture discipline;
- Expert knowledge of the technology solutions discipline;
- TOGAF or related certification is considered an asset; and,
- ITIL certification is considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.