Intermediate Test Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Test Specialist. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Completeness and accuracy of test data entry and record keeping of tests completed;
- Creating test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Converting requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Performing application product and end-to-end functional testing of the business process using available tools and applications, ensuring fixes are tested and verified and the implementation components are tested until QA standards are met;
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to junior members on current practices and available toolkits;
- Driving the quality of features through solid testing methods and improving effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases to test and potentially automate;
- Assisting with initial project setup within Quality Center and the target test environment;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinating QA activities;
- Analyzing data, recommending improvements and compiling reports based on findings;
- Recommending adjustments to current testing processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements;
- Communicating test processes and test plans to appropriate parties; and,
- Working closely with different functional groups to resolve issues and ensure thorough testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test approach.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in software testing;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements;
- Experience designing, creating, performing, and documenting both functional and technical test cases and scripts;
- Working knowledge of the HP ALM tool;
- Extensive testing experience with GUI (front end applications) testing;
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries;
- SOAP UI testing experience; and,
- Automation testing experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.