Provisioning Specialist -Transport Operations
Eagle is assisting our client, who is looking for a Provisioning Specialist -Transport Operations. This is a four (4) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
Reporting to the Manager of Transport Operations, the Provisioning Specialist -Transport Operations is responsible for effectively provisioning SONET/DWDM backbone network. This resource will be responsible for tune up of circuits, configuring Fujitsu equipment, provisioning cards and final handover of equipment to the customer.
- Implementation, Engineering and Service Delivery;
- Perform provisioning functions as required for growth activities, and project work;
- Interface with vendor Technical Assistance Centre’s for assistance in resolving escalated network outages, chronic customer issues and network performance issues;
- Implement engineering specifications for software, hardware and feature upgrades;
- Acceptance of new software and hardware before it is deployed in the network, including the design and execution of a test plan ensuring Network Management requirements are met;
- Administer and deploy network element backup policies as part of preventive maintenance routines to ensure effective recovery of systems in emergency situations;
- Perform proactive analysis of statistical data to identify potential fault trends and utilization issues; and,
- Represent Network Management at project meetings to ensure effective integration of new technologies or enhancements of existing equipment.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, specializing in telecommunications;
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in a Technical Assistance or Network Management environment within a transport environment;
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a transport network environment;
- Strong experience with SONET and DWDM (Dense Wave Division Multiplexing);
- Please refer to the JD for essential hardware and technical skills;
- Technical expertise and experience must include a solid understanding of the following technologies and protocols:
- SONET - OC192, OC48 OC12 & OC3;
- Fibre Technology;
- Fibre Ring Topologies;
- Fibre Plant Policies;
- Network Synchronization;
- WAN/LAN internetworking principles and practices,;
- Detailed knowledge of the following equipment would be an asset:
- Fujitsu FLMxxx, 4xxx, 7500 & 9500 platforms;
- Fujitsu NetSmart;
- Nortel OC192, Optera Metro 3500/5200 and OC48 platforms;
- Nortel Perside Surveillance System;
- Alcatel 16xx OC12/48 transport, 1301 NMX, 1631DACS & 1830 Platoforms;
- NMS platforms : Netsmart, OneControl & PhM;
- NEC ITS2400 OC48 System;
- NEC RCID Surveillance System;
- Tellabs Titan 5500 DACS;
- Cisco 15454 SDH Equipment;
- Symmetricom Synchronization Systems (Telecom Solutions and Austron);
- MegaSys Network Manager;
- Proven troubleshooting skills and an ability to remain focused during emergency restorations of failed services;
- Proven communication, analytical, organizational, and decision making skills to access situations quickly and make informed decisions;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in high stress situations;
- Core competencies should include integrity, accountability, adaptable, teamwork, and initiative and customer service orientated;
- PC literate including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – XP & NT, UNIX, FTP, Telnet, C++, TL1 and Scripting; and,
- Up-to-date knowledge of related emerging technologies.
One (1) year experience required on Mandatory Skills:
- ASYNC, SONET, DWDM, mapping sts1.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54641