Digital Encoding Systems Platform Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Digital Encoding Systems Platform Specialist for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and executing the commissioning, provisioning, and Quality Verification of DTV Broadcast services;
- Liaising with Broadcasters and perform commercial substitutions and ad insertions in accordance to schedule;
- Providing technical support on video service outages (Fault Management);
- Actively participating on all projects related to the video services such as upgrades, modifications, augmentations, new service introduction etc.;
- Proactively monitoring the end to end performance of the platform and will provide case studies and recommendations based on findings;
- Working closely with Engineering to select test tools, network surveillance platforms, content origination methodologies, content switching and multiplexing devices, and with OSS to develop appropriate performance related tools on time;
- Leading the development and continuous improvement of preventative maintenance programs for the video services;
- Working to achieve a high level of Security on the video platform by minimizing the vulnerabilities and by following guidelines from the vendors, engineering and the network security team;
- Developing and reviewing all MOP’s (Method of Procedure) prior to any change control activities to ensure impact to the customers is minimized;
- Developing all reports and documentation including run books, methods of procedure, backup procedures; and,
- Adhering to all policy and legal requirements under Health and Safety legislation.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- 2+ years exp in an IP-based or video operational environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of MPEG compression coding;
- Good digital video theory (how transport works, stream flows and troubleshooting);
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities; and,
- The ability to work rotating shifts including evenings, overnights, and weekends. This is also includes an on-call environment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.