Supply Chain Contract Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Supply Chain Contract Specialist for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. Cross-border travel will be required in this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Business Units to manage the end-to-end procurement cycle for PWA from demand planning through to contract development, execution, contract, and contractor performance management and renewal\closeout;
- Securing early BU engagement to ensure upcoming Project Workforce Accommodation (PWA) demand is clear and is aggregated;
- Coordinating and supporting Work Scope development with the BU;
- Developing innovative supply strategies that align with Business needs in consultation and through collaboration with BU partners;
- Leading the end-to-end procurement process for PWA requirements - Bid, Evaluate, Award, and Manage active contracts;
- Developing and executing various commercial models that result in improved overall value to the BU;
- Ongoing development and communication of macro and regional market intelligence in the PWA sector to enable more informed decisions;
- Working with key suppliers, external parties, and BU to develop an expert level understanding of the PWA marketplace;
- Monitoring supply market trends that may result in need to revisit/revise PWA strategies;
- Performing detailed analysis to improve understanding of the spend, demand, market trends, cost drivers, benchmarking, suppliers, lessons learned, and best practices for PWA;
- Leading development of change and communication plans to support successful implementation and adoption of PWA strategies;
- Ensuring relevant company policies, processes, and procedures are adhered;
- Resolving complex functional / technical / performance issues in collaboration with the BU;
- Managing key PWA supplier relationships in collaboration with BU partners; and,
- Managing supplier scorecards and facilitate regular supplier feedback discussions, highlighting potential quality trends.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A relevant University Degree or equivalent and seven plus (7+) years relevant experience in the PWA sector within the oil and gas, pipeline, or power industries;
- Valid driver’s license and clean 5-year driver’s abstract with the ability to travel in the US;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, project management skills, analytical and problem solving skills, people management skills, and financial acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to network, influence, and informally lead others;
- Understanding and ability to apply Supply Chain best practices and processes;
- The ability to manage multiple high priority projects;
- Superior computer skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong listening, interpersonal, and influencing skills to engage Suppliers, Supply Chain counterparts and Business Units;
- Strong negotiation skills, able to drive consensus between stake holders with differing opinions;
- The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of the procurement and operation of PWA including:
- Industry knowledge (as a PWA service provider and/or Customer);
- Understanding of PWA market conditions;
- Knowledge of typical commercial and service contractual models used for PWA;
- Understanding of large energy infrastructure project drivers;
- Understanding of local and diverse spend segments; and,
- Experience in the formation, execution, and management of PWA contracts.
The following are considered assets:
- Service Provider and Customer PWA experience;
- Experience in the PWA sector within the oil and gas, pipeline, or power industries in both Canada and the US;
- Additional training programs to enhance job performance (i.e. People Management, Facilitation, Project Management); and,
- Experience in supply chain management and the Business side of PWA.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.