Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Reconciliations Associate for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Adhering to established controls, producing required reports, identifying process improvements and supporting new projects;
- Acting as the escalation point for business issues related to proactive reconciliation and disputing resolution;
- Providing business and operational subject matter expertise (SME) and knowledge of day-to-day activities and CMG Reconciliation Team related projects;
- Acting as SME to translate business objectives into plans that can be implemented, including process redesign to compliment the change management/ product support strategy;
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are followed to meet relevant US and other regulatory requirements;
- Investigating, resolving and escalating collateral disputes that exceed internal tolerance levels or regulatory thresholds in accordance with established dispute resolution procedures;
- Reconciling portfolio valuation differences with the Client’s counterparties and providing detailed analysis of the cause of a dispute to appropriate areas in accordance with established procedures;
- Investigating and reconciling portfolio mark-to-market (MtM) differences with identified counterparties and escalating differences in accordance with established procedures; and,
- With assistance from VPC, follow through and complete investigations for trades that have been identified as having valuation differences that have breached prescribed tolerance levels, as set out in the Bank’s Policies and Procedures (P&Ps) as well as in the Capital Markets Financing Guideline (CFMG) for OTC Derivatives and Repo/ Reverse Repo Financing Guideline.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience, ideally in a financial institution;
- Excellent knowledge of OTC derivatives and swaps;
- Strong or advanced level of knowledge in MS Excel (macros, Vlookup function, VBA etc.) and MS Access is required;
- Experience with collateral management processes;
- Familiarity with established process analysis and improvement tools is an asset, i.e. Algo collateral system / Calypso collateral management database;
- Experience with OTC derivatives products, operations and market practices as relates to collateral management is an asset; and,
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.