Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Scientist for a permanent placement opportunity, scheduled to begin in immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Data Scientist
- Analytics – Perform analytical tasks that include data gathering, analysis, visualization, and data-driven story-telling as a basis of project justification and innovation. It is imperative that sound data analytics is at the core of all Data Science projects and recommendations;
- Data Engineering – The component of data engineering required for this position is equivalent to “clean data wrangling.” Each scientist on the team must be able to create and validate modeling/analytical datasets in a manner that is efficient and repeatable;
- Statistical Machine Learning - Perform statistical machine learning projects as necessary for given business needs. These projects may consist of – large scale hypothesis testing, classification, prediction, and recommender systems. The outputs of projects will be used as the basis for programmatic media buys, shopper marketing programs, and brand strategies;
- Communication – Prepare presentations and reports communicating project results. Present findings to key stakeholders and formulate sound arguments for strategy recommendations. Must be able to communicate findings, methods, and recommendations to a non-technical audience on a regular basis;
- Project Management – Data Scientists are expected to run projects independently. They are responsible for collecting requirements; designing experiments methodology; developing analyses predictive models; validate and tune models; report to leadership; and design an implementation plan;
- Implementation/Integration – Data Scientists are expected to understand how to implement algorithms into business environments. Integration of technology into legacy processes is integral to the success of Data Science initiatives;
- Domain Expertise – Must be able to gain a deep understanding of the general retail business and how our particular company operates in the space. In addition, scientists should have knowledge of the current retail and omni-channel landscape and how retailers should embed predictive algorithms into their shopping experience.
Skills and Qualifications of a Data Scientist
- Proficiency in data mining, machine learning, or statistical software/programming languages, such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS etc.;
- Ability to understand complex business processes, concepts, and requirements and translate them into mathematical models;
- Expertise in Excel and SQL required, experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, etc.), visual programming/data mining software (Alteryx, SPSS Modeler, RapidMiner, etc.) and APIs and knowledge of MDM and data architecture a plus;
- Willing and able to quickly and effectively learn new software, techniques, and concepts;
- 2+ years experience with hands on business analytics/statistical modeling, especially related to marketing attribution, customer segmentation, lifetime value, and marketing response;
- B.S. in Quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering; M.S. degree or PhD a plus.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.