Senior Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client, who is looking for a Senior Project Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
Responsible for leading a large scale, complex and strategically critical EAML sponsored project. This includes responsibility for all project management functions including project goals & objectives, timelines, resource planning and budget management; all while employing a risk-based management approach.
This is an AML project within the Sanctions space. There is an upgrade in system which supports sanctions for AML. Much of the work is done from the Technology side but need a Business PM to drive activity, requirements, timelines etc.
- Ensure EAML project objectives are successfully delivered from a time, cost, scope and risk prospective;
- Successful project delivery includes leadership from initiation to deployment and warranty support;
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement including planning, vendor relationships, communications and reporting, budget management, change management, and risk management;
- Lead creatively and analytically process improvement and problem-solving initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery;
- Lead EAML Business Sponsors and Technology Project Managers through the development of project governance and the defining of project goals/objectives and success criteria by utilizing an EAML risk based approach;
- Execute the project plan in a manner that effectively balances risk, quality, time and cost; and adheres to the Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF) methodology and effective;
- Establish work governance and facilitate Steering Committee meetings;
- Confirm that risk, work roles and responsibilities, scope and success criteria are documented and understood;
- Engage EAML Business Groups and Technology teams and manage planning activities for AML impacting projects;
- Manage delivery of work against the plan for entire project;
- Manage project budget;
- Manage project risk and facilitates EAML risk assessment activities;
- Ensure project spend is not undertaken until properly authorized;
- Manage and track scope changes; ensuring impact to scope, schedule, budget and risk are understood;
- Actively promote adherence to all applicable CIBC policies (e.g. MRAP, Outsourcing Policy, Contracting Policy, Project Management Policy and Project Management Standards);
- Ensure standards and policies are followed in accordance with the delivery framework and that work has been completed for all required steps before subsequent phases are initiated; and,
- Track works performance against key performance metrics to identify risks to scope, schedule, budget and EAML Group’s regulatory requirements.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience leading large scale, complex and strategically critical projects within the financial sector;
- Solid relationship management and negotiation skills with the ability to influence others in order to promote and negotiate the needs of the EAML Group;
- Proven experience in the management of change to complex technology systems;
- Ability to review and assess technology systems relative to business requirements;
- Advanced technical skills and a comprehensive understanding of IT systems which support the AML function is preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of EAML regulations, practices and sanctions is an asset;
- Experience with process engineering and process management is an asset;
- Undergraduate degree in business and/or technology is preferred;
- PMP designation is preferred;
- Solid technical background, must be savvy;
- Previous experience running projects in the AML/Compliance space;
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of Project Management in a financial institution;
- This PM must be willing to “get their hands dirty”; and,
- Must be a seasoned PM that doesn’t need hand-holding – the expectation is that they will take ownership and successfully lead this project to completion.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54624