Senior Enterprise Architect (DA)
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Enterprise Architect (DA). This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting the overall direction, policies and guidelines for the organization's Enterprise Architecture function;
- Developing and maintaining Enterprise Architecture designs and standards in alignment with the corporate I&IT vision and direction;
- Providing expert leadership in the development of strategic directions for I&IT architecture, standards, principles, best practices;
- Developing working partnerships with leading IT providers to increase knowledge base and enhance enterprise target architectures;
- Developing relevant I&IT roadmaps, reference architectures, patterns/common services and EA related principles policies and standards to be used by I&IT architects and solution designers;
- Delivering architectural alternatives, recommendation documents and architecture blueprint documents to senior management and stakeholders for approval;
- Identifying implementation risks and analyses of potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives;
- Analyzing and understanding I&IT industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on enterprise architecture;
- Ensuring architecture standard and policy compliance across all relevant solution architecture domains as well as traceability of business objectives;
- Reviewing design and procurement documentation at key points during the Integrated Development Methodology lifecycles (PMLC/SDLC) and ensuring compliance with enterprise architecture standards and principles;
- Reviewing new customer requests for solutions and completing assessments to determine the impact to I&IT, strategic business plans, overlap with existing solutions or new solutions identified on the I&IT delivery roadmap;
- Collaborating with all relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to review the objectives and constraints of I&IT solutions and determine conformance with current enterprise architecture standards, policies and technology roadmaps;
- Familiarity with all aspects of businesses at the enterprise level; leads the design, development and maintenance of the enterprise wide application, information, technology, infrastructure and security strategies;
- Ensuring that enterprise architectures are developed, maintained and integrated within the process of strategy development and I&IT planning;
- Maintaining close working relationships with executive and business management to understand enterprise wide business and I&IT goals, objectives and strategies;
- Leading the enterprise architecture team in the development of strategic architectures (business, information, application, technology and infrastructure); and,
- Developing and managing an architecture governance process to ensure compliance of all projects to the desired state architecture.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University Degree in applied sciences such as Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Sciences, Business or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent;
- Twelve (12) years’ progressively senior experience in Information Technology with solid background in enterprise architecture, planning, design, and development;
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in enterprise architecture domains including business, information, application, technology, infrastructure, security; ideally within a public sector environment;
- Previous enterprise architecture experience in a large enterprise environment;
- Experience and strong understanding of Enterprise Architecture principles, methodologies concepts, policies and practices;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, FEA) and ability to adapt and develop hybrid applications of methodologies to meet the organization’s needs;
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including senior business and I&IT leadership; ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Strong written communication techniques to prepare reports, reviews, briefing materials and correspondence;
- Leadership, problem solving, interpersonal skills to lead the analysis, design, and development of enterprise architecture initiatives;
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors; and,
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions; high initiative and ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment and ability to work on simultaneous projects.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.