MySQL Data Modeler
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a MySQL Data Modeler for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The MySQL Data Modeler will be responsible to set rules and best practices that our developers will follow. Will need to work closely with application teams to optimize database performance, automate operations. Will need to document our current database deployment. In addition, this role will be responsible for the performance, tuning, scripting and scalability for all the production databases supporting our production applications.
About the Job:
- Works closely with our application teams to troubleshoot issues, optimize performance, define and implement database best practices;
- Review and sign off that development teams are producing well-designed, testable, efficient database queries, code, and scripts;
- Understand the full system architecture, review application data models and make recommendations for improving overall data architecture;
- Designing logical data models, solutions and creation of the physical design and maintaining the entire model;
- Timely interaction with software engineering and DBA teams in order to understand their database requirements for new products or features;
- Oversee full lifecycle software development practices and standard operating procedures
- Focused primarily on MS SQL technology to power our high-volume, business-critical websites and systems;
- Also minor involvement with Oracle, MySQL and Elastic; and,
- Evaluating new database technologies and tools to meet growing challenges.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- MySQL Data Modeler that can own and drive our application database team;
- Experience with database monitoring tools and best practices;
- Hands on experience with large production database clusters;
- Hands-on experience in designing relational schemas and indexing;
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development field;
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines, a strong, open and collaborative work style, customer-service orientation with the ability to translate business goals into information management requirements;
- Comfortable owning and taking the initiative to make key technical and organizational decisions;
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating ideas for improving systems and processes;
- Effective with time management;
- Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and management;
- Ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure situation;
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow-up and follow-through on project actions and tasks;
- Ability to work within and adapt quickly, either in a team environment or individually, to meet deliverables/schedules;
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code - with an eye towards performance optimization; and
- Extensive written and oral communication skills.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching;
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and share your knowledge to empower others;
- If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen;
- You care about solving big, systemic problems;
- You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54538