Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a SQL DBA. This is a three (3) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and documenting database architecture; Data Modeling;
- Building database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions;
- Setting up data sharing;
- Developing database utilities and automated reporting;
- Creating shell scripts for task automation;
- Creating, testing and executing data management language;
- Analyzing and sustaining capacity and performance requirements;
- Analyzing, consolidating and tuning database for optimal efficiency;
- Monitoring systems and platforms for availability;
- Overseeing backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover;
- Restoring and recovering corrupted databases;
- Installing and testing upgrades and patches;
- Implementing security and encryption;
- Providing 24/7 support for critical situations;
- Evaluating and recommending new database technologies;
- Installing and testing new versions of the database management system;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the data protection act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadata’);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning; and,
- Working closely with the ITS department for all database related services.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering;
- Two to five (2-5) years’ experience with SQL Server 2008 and up;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Data Warehousing administration experience;
- Business Intelligence knowledge – SSAS, SSRS, SSIS administration;
- Knowledge of TSQL, ODBC, ADO;
- Strong team working skills and an analytical nature;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; and,
- On-call availability.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.