Application Development Manager
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Development Manager for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of an Application Development Manager
- Contribute to a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership and by mentoring our developers and emerging leaders;
- Work together with the Vice President, Business Technology and Innovation to plan and execute project(s), ensure that the team has appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that project remains on target to meet deadlines;
- Collaborate with executive management and the development team in defining the product vision, roadmap and ensuring successful execution and great product releases;
- Evolve the existing software applications and architecture leveraging forward thinking methodologies and opening up innovative and programmatic ways for our customers to consume our products and services;
- Maintain and develop existing enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, e-commerce, HRIS, web/mobile, etc.);
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver results for the business;
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively;
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smoothen execution;
- Work with peers to create and maintain the infrastructure for continuous integration, automated builds & deployment, and automated end-to-end testing;
- Ensure that development best practices such as e.g. nightly builds, integrated builds, peer code reviews, incorporation of design patterns, etc. are continuously put in place and affirmatively followed by the development team;
- Recruit, develop, motivate, mentor and retain a high-performance team and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and continuous evaluation of the team;
- Look for opportunities for continual improvements in applications and processes;
- Adapts to changing and evolving business priorities by offering options and constructive ideas on how to achieve the goals given the realities of time and resources;
- Provide timely estimates and on-going progress and transparency of work using tools like VSTS along with updates in daily stand-ups;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices; constantly evaluating new technologies that make a developer’s life easier.
Skills and Qualifications of an Application Development Manager
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
- At least ten (10) years of experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience as a developer on an Agile/Scrum team and at least 5 years of experience managing one or more software development teams;
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and process along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize strategies;
- Strong understanding of ERP, CRM, BI, QA concepts;
- Strong understanding of e-commerce tier 1 or 2 platforms (e.g. Magento, DNN, Shopify, etc.)
- Strong understanding of RDBMs - MSSQL, ETL, BI, etc.;
- Strong understanding of APIs and software integration;
- Exposure to mobile development (iOS/Android) is preferred;
- Proven success in improving software reliability and release predictability;
- Strong understanding and experience developing APIs and web service concepts such as REST, SOAP, and XML/JSON business object representations;
- Experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc.) and cloud services (build servers, release management, etc.);
- Experience managing development teams that maintain Microsoft Dynamics ERPs and BI systems is highly preferred;
- Experience/success scaling up a development team, anticipating and planning for the challenges that come with growth and fully develops, motivates, mentors and leads his/her team;
- Exposure to retail verticals is highly preferred;
- Experience with VSTS, JIRA, Git, Agile methodology, Scrum framework.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.