Information Security Advisor
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for two (2), Information Security Advisors. This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
The Information Security Officer (ISO) is accountable to ensure that information security risks within their portfolio are identified assessed and reported, appropriate controls are in place, and local procedures and activities comply with Information Security (IS) Corporate Policy and Standard, the Information Security Manual (ISM), local standards and regulatory requirements. In addition, the ISO is the center of competence for Information Security, providing advisory services, and is aligned to the lob.
- Provide information security services to the Development Technology Infrastructure line of business within Technology Development;
- Provides leadership to security compliance staff, projects and committees;
- Recommends changes and creates new security guides;
- Collaborates with internal auditor to ensure compliance;
- Promotes effective resolutions to information security issues;
- Recommends and leads the design, development and implementation of new policies, standards and procedures in collaboration with key stakeholders;
- Collaborates with Information and Privacy offices to respond to incidents, assess current risk and identify areas of concern – including developing risk minimization strategies;
- Provides effective information security awareness, education and direction;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of information security systems;
- Collaborates with the Chief Internal Auditor during the planning for security audits; and,
- Manages compliance initiatives, and coordinates security activities among multiple stakeholders.
- Diploma/Degree in any related Information Security disciplines;
- Information Security certification is encouraged e.g. CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC etc., but not mandatory;
- In depth knowledge of Information Security risk and industry best practices;
- Expert knowledge in Windows Server and Desktop Security technologies (not at server administration level, just from a security perspective);
- Expert knowledge in security compliance, security audit and security assessment (execute scans, analyze scans, classify risk ranking, propose a solution, identify security controls gaps and propose controls to mitigate risks);
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; and,
- Expert knowledge of writing security guides.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54501