Program Director (x5)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Program Director. This is a two (2) year, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of enterprise wide programs and projects;
- Driving the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs and projects;
- Maintaining communication linkages and relationships internally with business partners, the project management community, and all levels of management and externally with vendors as required;
- Providing technical and strategic guidance and expertise to Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Analysts;
- Assisting with the program (group of related projects), including the integrated planning, requirements gathering, managing risks and interdependencies, and implementation to deliver all associated projects on time, in scope and within budget;
- Assisting the development and execution of the multi-phased and multi-year implementation plan for the program, including but not limited to the project charter, integrated project plan, risk management plan, and the governance model;
- Assisting in the identification, documentation and tracking of benefits and requirements of the program to ensure all strategic outcomes are delivered upon completion of the program. In addition, ensuring that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities;
- Supporting project leads and internal stakeholders to coordinate project delivery, change management and internal communication strategies through the various stages of the project that supports change at all levels of the organization and the assessment of risks, the establishment of broad mitigation plans and measures;
- Ensuring the identification, scoping and planning for any business implications across all functions in the organization (including, but not limited, to business processes, organizational structure and resourcing implications, and systems implications for various applications in operation);
- Developing resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support across the program for all projects. Addressing resourcing conflicts and escalating resourcing issues to the Executive Project Sponsor, and/or the Prioritization Working Group;
- Facilitating cross-functional Working Group meetings and fostering teamwork; driving identification, documentation, escalation and resolution of issues;
- Creation of project artefacts and documentation to support decision making;
- Ensuring all necessary inputs for decisions are prepared and delivered to Steering Committee in a timely manner;
- Attending Steering Committee to provide updates, advice and guidance to executives to facilitate decision making; and,
- Working closely with senior level executives on a broad range of project issues, decision points and emerging/contentious issues. Supporting the organization in the development and monitoring of project governance.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Knowledge of strategic program and project management theories and principles usually acquired through a recognized university degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or another related discipline;
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience managing a program (group of projects) or large scale, multi-year, multi-phased transformation projects with high complexity and high risk (often with technology included, exceeding $10M in budget);
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience building large multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience working and/or negotiating with third party vendors (including RFP development / execution and contract management);
- Ten plus (10+) years of building integrated program / project plans (and their respective budgets) to support the delivery of large scale, multi-phased programs/ transformation projects;
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong communication skills, experienced briefing executive level audiences;
- Certification in Project Management methodology, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI (an asset);
- Certification or Prince 2 (an asset); and,
- Experience with implementation of Guidewire v7 and/or v9 (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.