Senior IT QA Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior IT QA Analyst for an eight (8) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating an end-to-end test plan, executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected;
- Ensuring that testing is well defined, planned, and executed;
- Making decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy;
- Executing testing of every phase and feature of a highly complex solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live;
- Providing leadership to others;
- Testing solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems;
- Gathering requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports;
- Creating and maintaining functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, and load tests;
- Developing test plans and test scripts that will demonstrate that project deliverables meet the business requirement;
- Writing detailed bug reports and fixes;
- Assessing quality and associated risk;
- Acting as liaison with the Business Lead to confirm test results and obtain business acceptance;
- Participating in application functional and/or technical design reviews as described in the Quality Management plan;
- Coordinating system integration, load, and regression testing;
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts;
- Executing testing and produces test result reports and defect reports;
- Tracking all deliverables including all artifacts i.e. requirements spec, design spec, technical docs, etc.; and,
- Developing test cases and test scenarios suitable for test automation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- An Undergraduate Degree;
- Ten (10) years’ experience;
- Proven experience as a Senior QA on multiple software development projects;
- Strong understanding of iterative/agile software development process with regular releases;
- Experience with data processing, transformation, and data validation systems;
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers, and replication;
- Experience with testing involving large amounts of data from spreadsheets or other data sources;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and business users;
- The ability to coordinate UAT activity;
- The ability to evaluate/communicate release readiness;
- Experience with pipeline concepts and pipeline business terminology, and testing systems common to pipeline companies is a definite asset;
- Experience with automated QA tools (like TestComplete, QTP, etc.) is an asset;
- The ability to develop an automated test suite is an asset; and,
- Experience with HP ALM and MS Team Foundation Server is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.