IT – Petrotechnical Application Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an IT Petrotechnical Application Specialist for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing day to day Petrel/Studio application support to Geoscience and Engineering users in the Canadian Business Unit;
- Working with the business to translate business requirements (geoscience workflows) into Petrel environment workflows where possible, or troubleshoot existing Petrel environment workflows;
- Triaging user issues and be able to distinguish application, data, and environment issues and either solve or direct to the correct resource;
- Analyzing data issues, particularly as they relate to data loading within the Petrel environment, and assist in the development and propagation of solutions to user projects. (Studio Database and User Projects); and,
- Testing Petrel/Studio application upgrades planned for 2018.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Education in a Geoscience/Engineering discipline: Geologist, Geophysicist, Technologist, Petroleum Engineer, etc.;
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience supporting/working in the Petrel –Studio environment;
- A minimum of five (5) years proven experience as a technically focused business, solution, or support analyst;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with data management with at least three (3) years oil and gas industry experience;
- Experience with troubleshooting technical issues and root cause analysis;
- Experience working with or developing Petrel Workflow scripts is desirable;
- Experience working with external application vendors is desirable;
- Commitment to the success of the team deliverables and willingness and ability to "roll up sleeves";
- The ability to perform with broad guidelines on delivery and be a self-starter;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to balance priorities and work under pressure and tight timelines; and,
- The ability to build rapport and maintain trusted relationships with Geoscientists.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.