Senior Systems and Applications Support
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a, Senior Systems and Applications Support. This is a twelve (12) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
Senior Systems and Applications Support is responsible to trouble shoot and resolve Systems and Applications issues. Staff should be able to work independently and be a team player. Staff should be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as per the operational needs.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Primary responsibilities include support and maintenance, production scheduling and control, reports distribution, print center operation, ensuring support for agreed upon IT service levels, as well as backup and recovery capacity for any of the IT infrastructure component areas;
- This includes the following broad technology areas: computer servers and storage support, network and voice support, market data support, security administration, database administration, web administration and data center management;
- IIT Operations professionals may undertake project work such as implementation of new technology infrastructure to support new business initiatives, including infrastructure deployment or upgrades, communication with vendors and liaison with other IT teams;
- User and Production Support professionals are responsible for providing all IT support services to their clients, maintaining the production environment and working with other IT departments to ensure the delivery of requests;
- They are primarily responsible for identifying production issues or taking support calls from their business clients and for managing production incidents from inception to resolution. This often involves working with application developers or engineers to ensure solutions meet long term goals;
- They may also undertake a wide variety of project work. This could include the following areas: implementation of new technologies; testing and roll-out of configuration, application and operating system upgrades; deployment of security hot-fixes and patches; addressing Audit and Regulatory requirements;
- Individuals within the IT Operations job family must develop deep technical knowledge becoming subject matter experts in their specialist fields;
- This expertise can be leveraged in the delivery of the firm’s IT strategy, either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
- Accountable for supporting:
- System operations;
- Troubleshooting incidents as relates to all Retail POS applications;
- Supporting business and IT projects as required;
- Supporting the core business as required;
- Maintaining a cordial and warm relationship with Business, IT and Vendor partners always;
- Accountable to Manager Retail Prod Support;
- Responds to escalations, for one or more applications. Monitors applications and systems within their area of responsibility;
- Delivers on a specific operational function(s), as well as participates in moderately complex project related activities;
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing data, and providing feedback;
- Responsible for providing various supervisory related functions such as:
- Extends knowledge of local systems and business to groups or departmental level;
- Activities and Deliverables:
- Must own and manage assigned tickets;
- Must participate in assigned projects and activates;
- Must participate in group/team meetings; and,
- Must submit timesheets on schedule.
What you bring to the table:
- Oracle Retail Suite of Applications: RMS, ReSA, RPM, RIB, SIM, POS, CO and RRM;
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Retail Applications, Processes and Databases;
- Expert in Transaction Updates flow between, RMS to other applications, ReSA to other applications and RPM flows;
- Expert in trouble shooting any kind of Transactions Flow and Code Level Investigation;
- Knowledge of UNIX/AIX Operating System, SQL Developer/TOAD, and other related utilities;
- Hands on Experience in Retail WebLogic, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Load Balancer , Oracle DBA is considered a Plus’;
- User and Production Support professionals must have excellent client relationship skills and a solid understanding of the IT business;
- People in this Job Family have different types / kinds of work to do each day in their job.
-Applies a detailed level of knowledge to their role;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of functional processes in multiple areas;
- Acts as point of escalation for all bands below;
- Acquires the basic skills to translate technical terms into business terms (and vice versa);
- Influences peers within the department increases;
- Respected in areas of domain, with experience, knowledge, skills, and competencies beyond those typically required by the level of work described;
- Competent to work at the highest technical level in all phases of an assigned project / task;
- Provides short-term strategic direction as it pertains to assigned deliverables; and,
- Ability to apply input / opinion to others.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54389