Big Data Application Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Big Data Application Developer. This is a Twelve (12) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
- Architect, design and implement solutions that meet the stakeholder’s needs;
- Participate actively in requirements gathering, data modeling and design sessions;
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for the projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives;
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project;
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity;
- Write, test and maintain detailed programs according to specifications given by computer software engineers and systems analysts;
- Provide input and coordinates with Database Analyst in creating new and modifying existing database structures using different types of databases;
- Conceive, design and test logical structures for solving technical problems;
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans;
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions; and,
- Provides consulting services on new and existing initiatives.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science with ten plus (10+) years of experience developing large-scale, mission critical applications;
- Seven plus (7+) years of full development life cycle experience, from architecture through test and deployment and cross platform skills;
- Deep experience with Big Data database footprint technologies such as: Hadoop / Hive or columnar databases like ParAccel, Vertica, Sybase IQ;
- Four plus (4+) years of experience in Big Data application development in the Financial Services industry;
- Able to learn new programming languages quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to communicate ideas and take on board the ideas of others;
- Knowledge of business line and ability to produce high quality results;
- Ability to follow complex design and development standards;
- Ability to seek improvements to all aspects of development process;
- Knowledge in computing in general and ability to apply outside knowledge;
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change;
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently when required;
- Ability to work effectively with people from outside the IT team;
- Creative thinker, breakthrough innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker;
- Ability to learn new things and ask good questions;
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54364