Cognos Analytics Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Cognos Analytics Developer for a six (6) week contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing client issues and developing Cognos reports and dashboards;
- Authoring presentations and present findings to clients; and,
- Prioritizing objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- An Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate;
- Four (4) to six (6) years’ relevant experience;
- Federal secret security clearance is a must;
- Experience developing standard reports, analysis views, and dashboards in Cognos, including Cognos Analytics 11;
- Experience working with Framework Manager and defining derived measures to ease reporting;
- Experience setting up row-level security in Cognos to enforce allowed user views and restrictions;
- The ability to translate functional requirements into technical designs;
- Strong object-oriented programming skills;
- Experience with the full testing life cycle including unit testing, quality assurance testing, and user acceptance testing;
- Strong communication (verbal, written) skills;
- The ability to be client-facing and work effectively with a large and diverse project team;
- The ability to be a self-starter and self-manage with high motivation;
- The ability to effectively mentor and transfer knowledge to client resources and team members;
- Experience working with the Government of Canada is an asset;
- Data warehousing and data modeling experience is a big asset;
- SQL, ETL, Data Stage Management, and TM1 experience is a big asset; and,
- Agile experience is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.