Sr. Project Manager
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Senior Project Manager. This is an eighteen (18) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity with significant or strategic impact to the enterprise. This includes acquiring resources (including contractors, consultants, service delivery partners, third party vendors) and coordinating the efforts of team members and resources in order to deliver projects according to plan and customer expectations. The Senior Project Manager will define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, including the tracking of key project milestones and providing status reporting to necessary stakeholders. The individual is also responsible for adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers and coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, timeline, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
The Senior Project Manager must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas;
- Determine and get buy in for the project approach within the client’s Standards available and ensure alignment to other dependent or integrated projects;
- Work within Client’s Governance structure and gating requirements, ensuring the goals are achieved at each stage of the Solution Delivery Value Stream (SDVS);
- Define project success criteria and evaluate their continued appropriateness throughout project life cycle to ensure the project meets client’s objectives; and,
- Participate in the Project Management Community of Practice (PM CoP), and help the continuous improvement of client’s Project and Program management philosophy and standards, where appropriate according to the industry best practices, ensuring continued improvement of the corporate tools, processes and frameworks.
What you bring to the table:
- Nine plus (9+) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of managing projects;
- Minimum five (5) years of managing the complex cross functional projects of significant scope and risk;
- Experience working with MS Project;
- University degree or college diploma in the field or Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or another related field;
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is an asset;
- Strong familiarity with project management process, tools, techniques at an advanced level;
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server (MPS);
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products;
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder Engagement; and,
- Familiarity with Business Process, Documentation and Training.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants Technology Solutions for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54345