System Admin Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for three (3), System Admin Engineer. This is a four (4) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
Eagle is looking for three (3) System Admin Engineers to migrate frequency from one area to another and then validate, this is to free up space for on demand video. The resources must have experience in system administration of Linux and Unix. Preference will be towards anyone with experience on Cisco Digital Ecosystem. Communication is very important as candidate will be conducting multiple conference calls and need to be an effective communicator. There will be 2am to 8am shift work involved which can lead to 4 days a week after the initial work has been completed and maintenance is required.
- You will support the following: Red hat/CentOS Linux, Juniper and Cisco Routers, various HP servers and appliances and VMWare;
- Manage the day-today operations of production equipment;
- Develop and perform routine maintenance activities;
- Detailed review of the engineering architecture and design to gain full understanding of the technology / product;
- Each Research and recommend NSS/OSS tool requirements to support the new platforms;
- Transform architectural concepts and engineering designs into practical and tangible day-to-day operational guidelines, procedures and practices;
- Identify, research and implement fixes for chronic failure mechanisms affecting the Rogers Video services;
- Collaborate with other specialists in the development of the technical steps in the MOP (Method Of Procedure) required to effectively implement complicated high risk changes to production service platforms;
- Act as Tier 4 technical escalation within Network Operations to address service impacting outages arising from technically challenging problems;
- Technical resource within the team working with Senior Specialist to escalate and interact with for support;
- Interact with the vendors on chronic failure mechanisms with an aim to derive underlying root causes;
- Manage implementation of fixes and recommendations;
- Liaise with Engineering for ongoing projects and roadmap planning; and,
- Adhere to all policy and legal requirements under Health and Safety legislation.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience within telecommunications environment is a definite asset;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience working with a Cisco digital TV ecosystem (Strongly preferred);
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience working with Juniper / Cisco routers (Certification an Asset);
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in Linux systems administration;
- Must possess strong knowledge of;
- Streaming Protocols (HSS, HLS, MSS etc.);
- MPEG2 and MPEG4 (H.264);
- Linux administration;
- Load-Balancers, Firewalls;
- IPTV Architecture/Design;
- IP routing/switching Protocols, IGMP, OSPF, Multicast, and troubleshooting;
- Virtualization (VMware);
- Ability to identify root causes on integration and inter-operability issues that affect the stability and performance of the video services in the production environment;
- Ability to take intelligent risk;
- Ability to seek and translate available data from support systems into critical information and opportunities;
- Strong ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner; and,
- Ability to express a passion for the organization’s customers, stakeholders and peers.
Mandatory Skills with One (1) to three (3) years’ experience:
- CISCO, LINUX, SCRIPTS, CCNA, VMWARE.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 54333