Project Manager - Technical
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager - Technical. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Formulating statements of problems; establishing procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtains approval thereof;
- Defining and documenting the objectives for the Life cycle project; determining budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team;
- Tracking projects and initiatives, reviewing progress and endorses scope, time or cost changes, allocating funding to section projects and ensuring expenditures are tracked to meet project plans; escalating severe problems to Supervisor;
- Managing the end–to-end delivery of I&IT Life cycle (infrastructure) to meet customer needs within established enterprise architectural standards and policies;
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems;
- On-going success of the IT Infrastructure releases from launch through the end-of-life (EOL);
- Maintaining clear and open communications between internal and external stakeholders to focus on IT strategy, relevance and quality;
- Effective management of Product life cycle for IT Infrastructure comprising of Windows Servers, Unix/Linux, Networks, Routers, Switches, Firewall, DMZ and Storage devices;
- Creating and managing Release cycle along with I&IT operations in making sure all systems are up to date in terms of Service Packs, Firmware, Security Patches, Hardware refresh and Asset Management;
- Changes and improvements necessary to existing I&IT product line that do not meet requirements of quality with aesthetics, form, fit or functional expectations;
- Functional requirement gathering, development and maintenance of functional specifications in synergy with the I&IT Operations Management;
- Developing IT Life cycle project roadmap, Release plan, Capacity planning, user acceptance test and communication plan for new IT functionalities;
- Interfacing with I&IT Operations resources for testing, release planning, implementation and best practices sharing/ benchmarking (processes, configuration and requirements management, tool integration, collaboration);
- Effectively communicate on regular basis vertically and horizontally in the organization LCM activities progresses demonstrating accountability for functional and business objectives;
- Liaising and actively collaborating with Stakeholders in order to help map PLM requirements and corresponding business process changes; and,
- Helping define such requirements leveraging modeling and mapping tools leading to process optimization and documentation suitable for input to application development processes.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum eight (8) years of related work experience with a solid background in Life cycle planning, Capacity management, Asset management, Release planning;
- Excellent knowledge of the principles, practices, and standards of the IT Life cycle;
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining an IT Infrastructure Life-cycle sustainment plan;
- Good knowledge of ITIL methodologies, Service now tools, Change management, Release management, Asset management, CMDB; and,
- Familiarity with various monitoring tools such as Cisco prime, Solar winds, Systems centre configuration Manager (SCCM), Systems centre operations manager etc.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.