Intermediate Scrum Master
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Scrum Master. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding Customers and what is important to them in terms of business value;
- Facilitating the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values;
- Facilitating the team towards self-organization;
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving;
- Facilitating getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution;
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and actively sharing information;
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog; and,
- Providing all support to the team using an inclusive leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I);
- Two to five (2 – 5) years relevant job experience;
- Experience in Java Development and Jira;
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two (2) years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory;
- Good skills and knowledge of inclusive leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.); and,
- Business Analysis experience (e.g., story writing capabilities) (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.