Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Director for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Project Director
The successful candidate will:
- Work with senior management, stakeholders and sponsors, to develop a legacy modernization strategy, prioritize/plan/estimate projects within a program; develop recommendations for the delivery approach to and create a legacy system strategic plan with multi-year initiatives;
- Participate in the definition and execution of program governance;
- Work with the Enterprise Project Management Office, ensure that the overall program structure and program management processes enable the project teams to successfully complete their work.
- Ensure projects are planned and executed in a high-quality, consistent manner, and are executed using established standards and processes;
- Manage directly assigned program resources, and provides project managers with support and guidance on individual projects within the program;
- Monitor and reports on project status, and overall program status, including participation in Executive Steering Committee meetings;
- Participate in procurement activities along with the procurement team for external resources, services, and products;
- Ensure project issues are resolved in a timely manner and delivery timelines for all the projects are met;
- Establish and maintains a close working relationship with the program and business sponsor and obtain sponsor and stakeholder commitment.
Skills and Qualifications of a Project Director
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) years project experience leading complex business transformational projects;
- Five (5) years of program management experience – including programs/projects involving packing implementation, business process re-engineering, systems integration and close coordination with organizational change management;
- At least (5) years experience managing senior project managers as well as partners;
- Experience leading at least one of financial system transformation, or core insurance systems (property and casualty policy and/or claims) transformation initiatives;
- Managing stakeholder relationships and reporting to an executive audience;
- Excelled written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a culture and environment that has a mix of employees and contractors;
- Experience using Microsoft Project to manage project tasks and schedule;
- Experience preparing RFI/RFP and evaluating responses;
- A recognized program or project management credential would be an asset;
- Must be eligible for secret security clearance.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.